To ensure your noise measurements are legally compliant with Noise Regulations you must field calibrate your sound level meter before taking any noise measurements and checked again before turning the instrument off. This ensures that your noise measurements will be legally compliant.
Both the Class 1 (Model 105) and Class 2 (106) Acoustic Calibrators give a standardised 1kHz tone for sound level calibration (calibration level) - the frequency where all weighting networks are the same, at a pressure of 1 Pascal which is a sound level of 94 decibels.
The Model 108 is the preferred calibrator for use with Pulsar's NoisePen and it calibrates to 114dB(A).
All the calibrators have sensors inside so that they can correct themselves for differences in temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and battery voltage. This means that they are reliable and accurate in almost any condition.
- Advanced performance ensures that both models meet or exceed IEC 60942 accuracy requirements
- Full PTB pattern approval awarded on both models
- Ergonomic and robust design ensures comfortable use
- Auto-correction for temperature and barometric pressure
- Auto switch off in normal mode and ‘permanent-on’ mode available
- 94dB Sound Pressure Level
- Fits ½ inch international standard microphones
- ¼ inch adaptor available
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
- Acoustic Calibration of noise meters and dosemeters
The Class 1 and Class 2 Acoustic Calibrator Models have been tested and formally EU Pattern Approved by the PTB (under certificate PTB-1.61.4034842), as meeting all of the requirements of the latest International standard, IEC 60942: 2003.